PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for www.beyondthepixels.co.uk( Site).
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time by changing it on the Site. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated on 25 May 2018.
Information we collect and how we use it
· When you order we need to know your name, email address, delivery address, billing address, debit/credit card number and expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your order, to verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online and to notify you of your order status. Your name and delivery address will be passed to our couriers to deliver your order.
· We ask for your telephone number to enable us to contact you if there is a problem with your order. This number may be passed on to our couriers to assist in delivering your order.
· If you register with us as a customer of the Site (including if you order through the Site), we keep your contact information and your log-in and password details for when you next log-in to the Site to recognise that it is you and to administer your account with us.
· We may, from time to time, ask you questions about what kind of products and services you would like to be able to buy. If you choose to answer those questions, we may keep a record of your answers (and we may also keep information about the products and services you do order) so as to help us to improve our products and services generally.
· If you communicate with us by completing one of the forms on the Site or sending an email to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content, we use your contact details to respond to you.
· If you indicate on the Site that you would like us to, we may also use your contact information to notify you (by email and/or post) about important functionality changes to the Site or about our new products, services and special offers that we think you would appreciate. If you change your mind and would rather not receive this information, please follow the unsubscribe instructions on the relevant communication you receive or send an email to email@example.com.
· If you indicate on the Site that you would like us to, we may also use your contact information to notify you (by email and/or post) about products, services and special offers offered by our business partners that we think you would appreciate, or share your contact details with those business partners so that they can contact you directly (by email and/or post) about their products, services and special offers. If you change your mind and would rather not receive this information, please follow the unsubscribe instructions on the relevant communication you receive or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If you enter any online competition or promotion we may sponsor on the Site, we may ask for your contact or other information as explained on the Site and will use it for the purposes of your participation in that competition or promotion which may, if indicated on the Site, include passing it to our business partners.
If you take part in a group photograph, you agree that you do so voluntarily and on the basis that you consent to the fact that your image may be displayed (including on the Site or any other website and in printed publications) and made generally available for purchase by other customers, and may be used by us for promotional purposes. Due to the number of people involved in a group photograph, you will not be able to withdraw your consent once the photograph has been taken. In the case of minors photographed as part of a group school or class portrait, consent to display the image on the Site is at the discretion of the school or institution, our default policy is not to display these images unless specifically requested to do so by the school.
If you order ceremony photography services from us, we may, at some ceremonies, take non-posed photographs of you. These photographs will be available for view and order on the Site. You will need a password to access the images and this will be provided to you by email once they are loaded on to the Site, usually within five days of the Ceremony. The password will be specific to your Ceremony. If you wish us to remove your photograph please contact us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove the photograph. The photographs will otherwise be displayed on the Site for up to six months after the Ceremony.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a "Tell a Friend" programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
· remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
· customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
· collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with visitors
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on Site activity and providing other services relating to Site activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
[In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of the Site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Site are visited and whether particular content is of interest.]
The Site may, from time to time, make comments or suggestions pages and/or other public areas for user-generated content and communications available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data to you following a request from you to do so.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. To exercise any of these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.