Wedding Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any tips on how to get the best photos on the day?
- Yes, please be sure to download our Wedding Guide, written specifically to give you an insight into the mind of a photographer, and will help you understand exactly what to expect on the day, and how to get the best photos possible.
Why do I need two photographers?
- We believe that its the best way to tell your full story.
- Typically one of us will follow the groom, and the other will follow the bride, from getting ready, to meeting up at the ceremony...capturing all the most important memories, from more than just one angle to make sure that we don’t miss a second!
How much does a wedding cost?
- Our wedding packages start at just £499, depending on your particular needs.
- Each package includes a different combination of coverage hours, services, prints, photo albums and wall art.
- When your ready to discuss pricing for your big day, Send us a Message with more detail on what you are looking for and we would be happy to put something tailored together for you.
Why does it have to cost so much?
- Everyone will value different aspects of their big day, some might want a relaxed fun filled DIY party with all their friends and family, and spend all their budget on flowers and food, while others would prefer to splurge on a designer dress and ultimate luxury for a few intimate guests.
- One thing they all have in common is the desire to want to look fondly back on their wedding day for years to come - When the cake is all gone, the guests have left, the dress no longer fits ... the memories of the day will always be there to let you relive those precious moments.
- Remember that other than your wedding ring, your photos are the only physical thing you will have that will last for more than that one day. And if you are lucky, you will only get to do it once...
- So make sure that you choose the photographers that will anticipate your every move, and help you create memories that you will treasure for a lifetime!
- Additionally, its worth noting that for each 6-8 hour wedding that we attend, we spend roughly 60 - 80 hours each (x2) on individually editing your photos in post processing, to ensure the best quality, professional finish that our customers have come to expect from us. So the question really becomes, can you afford not too?
We have a particular theme/ look we want in our photos, can you do that?
- Yes, of course, we love getting creative with our clients and taking on new challenges, lets discuss your requirements and ideas during our free consultation session!
But we don’t like our photo’s being taken...?
- Not to worry, we know how you feel, and have worked with many couples who have been shy /‘un-photogenic’ over the years. But our calm, candid approach aims to ease you in gently, to help you smile naturally, building your confidence throughout the day. Ultimately we will be there to attend to your every need, all you have to to is to show up, get married and have some fun!
Are you available for my wedding?
- We tend to get booked around 6 - 18 months in advance, but some dates remain open longer than others. Why not email us at Info@beyondthepixels.co.uk or call us on 01235 415 215 to find out?
Do you travel for weddings?
- Yes, we love to travel all over the UK and abroad when needed!
Are there any additional charges involved?
- Yes, we ask that you cover our transport and expenses, but we try to keep this to a minimum wherever possible.
Do you require a deposit?
- Yes, a £250 non-refundable deposit and signed contract is required in order to secure your date. The balance is due 14 days prior to your wedding day.
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept Bank Transfer, Cash, PayPal or Credit Cards
What time do you arrive?
- As a guide, we aim to arrive approximately 1-2 hours before the start of shooting, depending on the package you have selected.
What time do you leave?
- Our standard coverage is based on a 6 hour day, this usually gets to the reception area, speeches, and the first dance, but of course is dependant on the package you choose.
Do you require dinner?
- Yes please! Its a very long and busy day, normally without any opportunities for breaks. So it is greatly appreciated if we can integrate as one of your guests, while grabbing a bite to eat.
How many photos can we expect?
- We normally commit to around 300, but the truth is that couples tend to get many more on the USB Presentation pack!
How long does it take to receive our photos?
- We normally do our best to get them out as soon as possible, but typically you should expect to wait between 6 - 8 weeks.
Do you do engagement photoshoots
- Yes we do! In fact some of our wedding packages include this free of charge, so please talk to us if you would like any other type of photo work done, such as 'Popping the Questions', 'Engagement', 'Wedding Boudoir', 'Destroy the Dress' and so on!
Do you offer any drone photography
- Yes we do! However this is not something we 'Sell' as it is very much weather dependant. We will always bring the Drone along to the day. If the conditions are ideal and it is safe to do so, we will be happy to get it out and get this additional footage where possible
Can you do our Wedding Invitations / Save The Date cards?
- Yes we can, we have a collection of already created and fully editable templates that would match your themes, and would be happy to discuss your options with you during your consultation.
DO WE GET COPYRIGHT OVER OUR IMAGES?
- BeyondThePixels Photography retains copyright over the final images, but we grant our clients the license rights to do with their images practically anything they wish outside of commercial use.
We hope this helps but if you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know!
We look forward to hearing from you soon
Coreen & Steve